Monday, June 6, 2011

Yes, But/And/Or...wtf?

Okay, Okay. Maybe I should have gone to class this day. Or maybe I should have asked a classmate what the hell this post is supposed to be about. My goal every semester is to never miss a class. Unfortunately, I always end up disappointing myself at least once a semester. Oh well. I've already screwed myself for this week so my only option is to forge on ahead and try to the best of my ability.

I did not get much exercise in this week so far. On Saturday and Sunday I worked just about aaaallll day. And then, just like every other responsible twenty-something in college I went to a party (of sorts) Sunday night. I couldn't get to sleep that night and ended up with one of the worst migraines I have ever had in my life. On top of all that, I went to go visit my mother who offered me free groceries (we ended up never getting them, my fault) and some food to eat, and my car wouldn't start. Again. After getting it jumped, I drove it to the mechanic in Pinellas county, not bringing anything with me, and ended up stuck there until Wednesday morning. To be honest, I could have gone home Tuesday night with my mom's car but I felt like it was such a huge waste of gas and such an inconvenience to her that I did not. When I got back to Tampa after three nights of hardly any sleep, I passed out on my bed and slept through class. Wonderful.

I will most definitely have to make up my lack of exercise and class attendance.

Now for something completely different (Points being offered... if you have no idea what I am talking about then you obviously do not deserve the points).

I skipped ahead in my Fitness book to chapter seven because the end of chapter two recommended it. However, I am regretting this decision. Not only is the book using terms that I do not understand but are explained in previous chapters, but this chapter is all about cardio exercise, and I already know how to do that. Did you not read my last post? I used to be on the swim team Fitness for Dummies. Now who is the dummy?

Probably still me.

The thing that really struck me in this chapter though, was the fact that, according to the text, both the U.S. Surgeon General and this chapter recommend working out every day to stay healthy. Not only do you have to work out every day, but it should be a minimal of thirty minutes a day just to be healthy. What about losing weight? That is over sixty minutes a day. The light at the end of the tunnel is that the book says that these minutes do not have to be consecutive. You can do three ten-minute workouts a day to stay healthy.

I agree that you have to work out just about every day to lose weight. But, how the hell do you fit it into your schedule? I have to dedicate over an hour just to lose weight? I even read that if I do not change my diet whatsoever, I would have to walk for over two hours every day for a week to lose one pound. I can barley find the time to work out just with three summer classes. It's nearly impossible during fall semester. Any suggestions of how I can fit in a workout AND a shower every day?

No comments:

Post a Comment