Monday, June 13, 2011

Vacation! (Not Really)

I feel like I am on vacation!

On Monday, my grandmother, aunt, and cousin all flew down from New Jersey to visit and attend my sister's high school graduation on Thursday. I had to leave class early on Monday because their flight arrived right in the middle of class. They all came to my apartment, my mom drove over and brought lunch. We all then ate and enjoyed each others company. Since then, I have had A LOT of restaurant food:
  • Shepard's Pie
  • Soda
  • Dunkin Donuts' Bagel...with butter
  • A Frozen Hot Chocolate (I don't drink coffee. I also just found out that the FHC is 450 calories! Good thing half of it spilled all over the floor of my car)
  • A couple of slices of pizza
  • More soda
  • The best gelato I have ever tasted
  • Left over pizza
  • A sandwich
  • A (couple of) donuts
  • A burger
  • More soda
Zero Exercise 
(Besides swimming around in the Gulf for a little bit)

On top of all this, we will be going to a very delicious restaurant tomorrow where we will eat more food than we have all week. Also, my family are all here until Saturday night. I will definitely have to stay on top of my workout next week in order to work off all this delicious (fattening) food.

I would definitely say that my eating and workout habits thus far this week would be the "anti-definition" of a person who is trying to get fit.

So, my question for everyone is: how do you exercise when you are really on vacation? I am not really on vacation, all week long I have never been further than an hour away from my apartment (and the gym inside), and I completely pigged out like I was hundreds of miles away on a cruise ship or something. Is the general consensus just to enjoy your vacation and worry about the workout when you get home?

I did a quick Google search and found that many people advocated for working out while on vacation. However, I kept in mind that my Google search was "Working out on vacation" and so I would likely be presented with sites that discussed the pros of working out while on vacation. 

I personally do not know how I would ever find the time to work out while on vacation. While on vacation, I spend every second doing something...vacation-ey.  I sunbathe, see the sights, eat, relax, enjoy myself, and spend time with my family. By the end of the day, I'm exhausted and I'm not about to wake up early the next day to go to the gym. 

Is this just lazy? 

What do you think? Exercise while on vacation, yay or nay?

No comments:

Post a Comment