Wednesday, June 22, 2011

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, adieu...

Who knew that six weeks would fly by like that? It feels like just yesterday I was sitting down in class puzzling over what on Earth I was going to blog about for an entire semester. It's a good thing for me that this entire semester only lasted six weeks. I often struggle with school work.


However, I am glad that I was able to participate in this class through a blog. Although I often worried that my writing was too informal or not what my professor was looking for, I enjoyed it. Writing whatever you want for a blog is a lot less stressful than writing a paper. Even though it was a lot less stressful, I do not think this blog is an accurate portrayal of my writing skills. I think that may be because I thought a lot less about my word choices or what exactly I was going to say next in this blog than I do for formal papers.

I am also worried that my writing did not really improve in any way, shape, or form. Unfortunately for my ego, because I believe that college students are largely responsible for their own learning, the fault lies squarely on my shoulders...as it always does when  I do poorly in my academics.

I am capable of so much more than I allow myself to do.
I am capable of being so much better than I am.

I think that sentiment can fit into every aspect of my life, including exercise. I never push myself hard enough, even when I have someone else pushing me. I always stop short. For example, when I was on the swim team in high school, coach kept on trying to move me into the more advanced lanes. The faster lanes. The lanes where you had to work harder. I would never stay there, I would always move myself back out.


So I leave you now with a promise to myself. I will no longer hold myself back. I will take control of my life and be everything that I should be. 

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment